Wednesday, April 3, 2013

Random March Favorites


I'll probably end up saying this in every monthly favorites post I make until the end of eternity, but I swear this month flew by! It seems to me like just a few days ago I went back to uni, and now a whole month has passed! Crazy. 
//
Probablemente voy a decir esto todos los posts de favoritos que haga hasta el fin de la eternidad, pero qué rápido se va el tiempo! Pareciera que hace un par de días atrás recién volví a la universidad, y en realidad ha pasado un mes! De locos. 




 I decided to make some random favorites because I had some stuff I really wanted to show but weren't really beauty items. The first one is actually food! My Mom was the first one to buy this cereal, and because it's from Germany, sometimes it would disappear from the supermarket shelves for a week or two. And because it was one of the few things she could eat, every time someone from our family went to the supermarket we would look if it was in stock, just in case. She made such a big deal about her cereal that I actually tried it one day, and the rest is history. I can honestly understand why she made such a fuss about it! It's just delicious. It has oatmeal and corn and lots of cereals that are good for you.
 //
Decidí hacer unos favoritos misceláneos porque tenía algunas cosas que quería mostrar pero que no tenía nada que ver con belleza. Lo primero es comida! Mi mamá fue la primera que compró este cereal, y como es de Alemania, de repente desaparecía del supermercado por una semana o dos. Como era una de las pocas cosas que podía comer, cada vez que alguien de nuestra damilia iba al supermercado, buscábamos si estaba el famoso cereal o no, por si acaso. Hizo tanto escándalo con su cereal que un día se me ocurrió probarlo, y el resto es historia. Honestamente puedo entender porque hacía tanto alboroto! Es simplemente delicioso. Tiene avena y maíz y muchos cereales que son buenos para el cuerpo.

Next up are my studded earrings. You may recognize the giant studs from this post. I've been wearing them nearly every day, and whenever I'm not wearing those, I'm rocking the pair below them! Can you tell I'm loving studs at the moment?
 //
Lo siguiente son mis aros con tachas. Pueden reconocer las tachas grandes de un post que hice hace algún tiempo. Los he usado casi todos los días, y cuando no los estoy usando, me pongo los que están abajo! Creo que se puede decir que me encantan las tachas.

Another thing I've been loving, as nerdy as it sounds, are my colored highlighters. Teachers came back with a vengeance and before the first week was up, I had a mountain of stuff to read! And as you can see, I like to have a variety of colors to choose from, or else I get bored very easily.
//
Otra cosa que me ha encantado, por nerd que suene, son mis destacadores. Los profesores volvieron con una venganza y antes de que se terminara la primera semana, tenía una montaña de cosas que leer! Como pueden ver, me gusta tener mucha variedad de colores, o sino me aburro muy facilmente.



My book favorite was A Game of Thrones, which I've finally finished! Took me a while to get into it, but after the first half, I was hooked. Now that I've finished it I'm going to start watching the TV series, to see how it is.
//
Mi libro favorito fue Juego de Tronos, que por fin terminé! Me costó un poco meterme en la historia, pero después de la primera mitad, me encantó. Ahora que lo terminé voy a empezar a ver la serie, para ver como es.


As for TV favorites I've got two: Top Chef and The Vampire Diaries. I've been watching The Vampire Diaries for a long time now, and it just gets better with every episode. As for Top Chef, I don't even know why I started watching it, as I can't cook to save my life, but I'm hooked! I'm currently on Season 4 - there's a channel that airs an episode every day of the week, so you get relatively quickly through the season.
 //
En cuanto a mis programas favoritos, tengo dos: Top Chef y Crónicas Vampíricas (que traducción más mala!). He visto Crónicas Vampíricas desde hace ya un tiempo, y mejora con cada episodio. Y respecto a Top Chef, ni siquiera sé porque me puse a verlo en un principio, como no puedo cocinar nada aunque mi vida dependiera de ello, pero estoy obsesionada! Estoy viendo la cuarta temporada - hay un canal que da un episodio todos los días de la semana, así que la temporada se ve super rápido.

Those are my random March favorites :) What random thing have you been loving this month?
 //
Y esos son mis favoritos misceláneos :) Que cosa cualquiera te ha gustado este mes? 


17 comments:

  1. Hi Monica how are you? Hope you are doing great. Great post! The cereals look really yummy and I really liked the earrings, so pretty.
    Claudia P.
    http://claudiapersi.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
  2. It's me again hehehe. Just wanted to let you know I am also following you now with bloglovin. Not sure what is going to happen with GFC. If you wish also follow me with bloglovin. Do you know what will happend to blogs we are following and our followers? I wonder. I am new to this too. :)
    Take care
    Claudia P.
    http://claudiapersi.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I already followed you on bloglovin'! I don't really know if GFC is going to close with Google Reader, but I think it's best if you have a backup :)

      Delete
  3. Have you seen the gel highlights? They look crazy.

    -Lacey
    thelifewithlacey.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  4. Game of Thrones is great! Been meaning to read the books, but I love the show :) Also, if you love The Vampire Diaries, you should read the books by Charlaine Harris, I love them so much. Oh so hilarious and easy to read!
    I'm also a big fan of cereal, and that one sounds like something I'd love to try! :)

    Blindly Beautiful

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've been meaning to read the True Blood series, so I'm definitely going to give them a try! :)

      Delete
  5. Love Game of Thrones, so excited the new series is finally here! But I definitely need to start reading the books too :) x

    http://bowtiedbeauty.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  6. I've nominated you for the Liebster Award! If you want to participate, see the post on my blog here

    Imagine Lace
    Ash.

    ReplyDelete
  7. I'm dying to read Game of Thrones! My friend bought the set and said I could borrow the first book as soon as he's done with it. I don't think I can keep waiting for the next season to come out on HBO...I'm in too much suspense about what will happen, so that is motivating me to read the books even more.

    www.ameliorerlavie.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. What a great friend, hahaha. I'm the same - I need to buy the second one, I want to know what happens!

      Delete