Monday, February 11, 2013

Beautiful Creatures - Book Review

Beautiful Creatures is a book written by Kami Garcia and Margaret Stohl. It tells the story of Ethan Wate and Lena Duchannes, two teens who live in a small southern town in the United States.

I've got to admit, I ordered it because the movie is coming out (February 28 for me), and the trailer looked interesting.
At first, I found it a bit slow-paced. But after a hundred pages or so, it picked up. I found it a bit dull as well - nothing extremely exciting happened until the last few chapters. If it hadn't been for the fact that I ordered the box set with the first three books of the series, I don't think I would've bought the next one. Now, having read the sequel (Beautiful Darkness), you can tell that this one was more to introduce the characters and setting.

It was a good read, but it didn't have me anxiously reading, wanting to know what would happen next.


******

Beautiful Creatures es un libro escrito por Kami García y Margaret Stohl. Cuenta la historia de Ethan Wate y Lena Duchannes, dos adolescentes que viven en un pequeño pueblo del Sur de Estados Unidos.

Debo admitir que solo ordené el libro porque va a salir la película (28 de Febrero para mí), y el trailer parecía interesante.
Al principio, lo encontré un poco lento. Pero después de las primeras cien páginas, se volvió un poco más rápido. También lo encontré un poco aburrido - nada extremadamente emocionante pasó hasta los últimos capítulos. Si no fuera porque compré el set con los tres primeros libros de la serie, no creo que hubiera comprado el que sigue. Ahora, ya terminé de leer la secuela (Beautiful Darkness), y se nota que este libro era más para introducir a los personajes y el lugar.

Es un buen libro, pero no me tuvo leyendo con ansias para ver que pasaba después.

No comments:

Post a Comment